COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (CBT). SERVICE NUNEATON
CBT Nuneaton has actually been revealed to be a reliable method of dealing with a number of various mental wellness conditions. Read More
- Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy (UKCP Registered)
- Diploma Post-Adoption Counselling
- Diploma Integrative Supervision
I obtained my Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy at the Minster Centre www.minstercentre.org.uk*
I have further studied Psychoanalytic Studies at MA level at UEL/Tavistock Centre
I have 30 years experience as a qualified psychotherapist and counsellor in private practice, working with up to 20 people per week.
Over the past 18 years up until the present I have supervised experienced psychotherapists, newly qualified counsellors and trainee counsellors, both in private practice and at agencies or charities. I have also supervised staff working with groups of domestic abuse survivors. I supervise newly qualified counsellors involved in setting up their private practice as well as supervisors who provide supervision themselves. My extensive supervision experience includes working with difference, whether this is ethnical, cultural, sexual or theoretical or a mixture of any of these.
I have lectured for 10 years on on the undergraduate counselling programme at the University of Hertfordshire, where for 4 years I have also been Programme Co-ordinator.In that role I co-redesigned the course in psychodynamic counselling.
In addition to this I have designed the short Introduction to Counselling course which ran for 12 years at the University of Hertfordshire and taught this course for 6 years.
I have worked with individuals and families affected by adoption since 1995.
Other Relevant Professional Experience:
Prior to training as a psychotherapist I worked as a Social Worker in the field of Mental Health. I worked in care, in therapeutic communities with young persons aged 16 to 21 and in mental health day care with adults.
In total I have nearly 40 years experience of working with people with personal difficulties
Areas of Special Interest:
- Adoption: Working both short-term and longer-term with people affected by adoption. This includes birthparents, adopted persons, adoptive parents and adoptive families.
- Abuse and bullying: Working with people who experience -or have experienced- emotional, domestic, physical, sexual abuse.
- Bereavement, Change and Loss: Working with people who have been affected by loss through change and/or bereavement.
- Trauma: Working with people who have experienced trauma of any kind. This may include people who have moved countries motivated by political issues, people separated from family through inter-country moves and people who experience or have experienced prejudice.
I have studied and have taught a variety of theoretical approaches over the years. I am informed by attachment theory, by psychodynamic theory, and by humanistic theory and have over the years integrated many aspects of these ways of thinking into my personal style of working. My awareness of the impact of trauma on the body and on relationships informs my responses to what is brought to the therapy room.